8420 Runyan Lake Road
Fenton, Michigan 48430

Phone (810) 629-8631 
Fax (810) 629-0047

Office Hours
Mon-Thurs 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

  |  Register

Per the Governor's orders to minimize the spread of COVID-19, the township office is closed until further notice.  

The township departments will continue to monitor their email and phone messages periodically. We encourage residents to leave phone messages, use email, and our website to download forms.  The drop box by our front entrance is locked and secure and may be used to request burn permits, land use permits, payments, etc.

The May 5, 2020 School Election has been cancelled. The Linden School and Hartland School Districts have postponed their bond proposals to the August 4 Primary Election.  Election information may be found on this page.

Let's take this time off to practice gratitude, kindness and keep everyone safe and healthy.

Planning & Zoning Administration

Ross Nicholson -
Planning & Zoning Administrator
Karie Carter  - Assistant Planning & Zoning Administrator
Mike Cunningham-

It is recommended that a pre-application meeting be scheduled prior to submittal of any application.

The Planning/Zoning Administrator is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Tyrone Township Zoning Ordinance and Land Use Plan.  
The Department processes applications, coordinates pre-application meetings and provides staff support to the Township Board, the Planning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals including but not limited to:

• Zoning Permits
• Site Plan Reviews
• Special Land Use Permits
• Zoning Ordinance and Map Amendments
• Text Amendments and Rezoning Requests
• Variance Requests
• Appeals of Administrative Decisions
• Ordinance Interpretations


Land Use Permits and Waivers must be obtained for all new construction and additions.  Contact Tyrone Township's Zoning Administrator at (810) 629-8631. Land Use Permit Application  

Septic and well permits must be obtained through the Livngston County Health Department. (517) 546-9850.

Soil erosion or grading permits are obtained throught the Livingston County Drain Commissioner. (517) 546-0040.

Driveway approach permits are obtained through the Livingston County Road Commission. (517) 546-4250.

Building permits are obtained through the Livingston County Building Department. (517) 546-3240.

Help us find dead ends! Please report broken links to clerk@tyronetownship.us.