Due to COVID, the Passport Agency is reporting routine processing times to be 10-12 weeks. Expedite service is now available; $60 for 4-6 week service. Please read more here. Need a passport faster? Visit this page.
A new order requires all air passengers ariving to the U.S. from a foreign country to get COVID tested no more than 3 days before flight departures. Read more here.
• Tyrone Township is a Passport Acceptance Facility. Applicants are not required to be a resident of Tyrone Township. Anyone is welcome.
• Applications are accepted Monday-Thursday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm. Please call 810-629-8631 to schedule an appointment.
• Photos are taken on-site for $10.
• Routine service to receive passports is currently taking 10-12 weeks, expedited service within 4-6 weeks door to door.
• For complete information and forms, please visit U.S. Dept. of State's website. The 2021 fee chart may be found here.
• If you have applied for your passport and want a status check, please call the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778 or online here. You'll also have the option on the website to register your email address to receive the status update via email.