Due to COVID, the Passport Agency is reporting routine processing times to be up to 18 weeks. Expedite service is available for $60 and is currently taking up to 12 weeks. Please read more here.
Need a passport faster? Visit this page.
A new order requires all air passengers arriving to the U.S. from a foreign country to get COVID tested no more than 3 days before flight departures. Read more here.
• Tyrone Township is a Passport Acceptance Facility. Applicants are not required to be a resident of Tyrone Township. Anyone is welcome.
• Applications are accepted Monday-Thursday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm. Please call 810-629-8631 to schedule an appointment.
• Photos taken on-site for $10.
• Routine service to receive passports is currently taking up to 18 weeks, expedited service within 12 weeks door to door. For the most up-to-date time frame, please visit the U.S. Dept. of State's website.
• For complete information and forms, please visit U.S. Dept. of State's website. The 2021 fee chart may be found here.
• If you have applied for your passport and want a status check, please call the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778 or online here. You'll also have the option on the website to register your email address to receive the status update via email.